Our Promise – The Macleay Guarantee1.1. A Lifetime of Maintenance and Service
All spectacle and sunglasses, prescription or otherwise, purchased from Macleay Optics are accompanied by a lifetime service guarantee which exhaustively includes:
- Minor repairs including the replacement of nose pads, screws, and reasonable attempts at straightening frames which have been accidentally damaged.
- Ultrasonic cleaning and polishing of spectacles.
- Spectacle adjustment.
1.2. 90 Day Unconditional Lens Warranty
Hoya Diamond Finished lenses include a 90-day unconditional guarantee. Should any form of damage occur to your lenses by any means during this period (including accidentally), they will be replaced free of charge. Postage costs are to be borne by the customer.
1.3. 2 Year Lens Guarantee
We warrant that prescription optical lenses purchased from us are free from manufacturing defects for a period of two years. Upon assessing the lenses and coming to a determination of defect, they will be replaced free of charge. Postage costs are to be borne by the customer.
1.4. 3 Year Diamond Finish Guarantee
We guarantee that our Diamond Finish lens coating will not craze for three years after purchase. Upon assessing the lenses and coming to a determination of crazing, they will be replaced free of charge. Postage costs are to be borne by the customer.
1.5. 30 Day Exchange
- Within 30 days of the original date of purchase, spectacle or sunglass frames may be returned for store credit. The issued credit will be equal to the purchase price and remain valid for a period of six months.
- The returned spectacles or sunglasses must be in as new and unworn condition and not suffer from any form of damage. All accessories that were supplied with the item must be included with the return and similarly be in as new condition.
- Purchases of prescription or custom lens tints are final and cannot be exchanged for store credit nor refunded – unless our team determines that they are faulty. This is because they are a specialty made to order product manufactured for you.
2. Returns Policy
- We cannot take responsibility for items which are lost or damaged in transit while being returned to us for any reason, we therefore encourage customers to use a traceable and insured postage method.
- There is a 20% restocking fee for any refunds, should we approve one; refer to and follow our 'Returns' page and process in this regard.